FEATURE EXPANDED 2018 AWARDS
The jury of Feature Expanded 2018, formed by Andrea Lissoni, Hila Peleg and Anna Lena Vaney, assigned four awards and decided to acknowledge two feature film projects for their prompt subject matters and for their challenging artistic approach.
Both projects focus on communities, that may be secluded but are actively part of our society. Moreover such communities represent the potential for a transformative and perhaps more rewarding life of exchange and creativity.
Feature Expanded Distribution Award and ottod’Ame Film Award
Floris Schoenfeld The miraculous breakdown of PUK*, shot in psychiatric institute – the project explores alternative forms of knowledge and creativity, in a world more and more driven by functions and policies.
Feature Expanded Development Award and SUB-TI Award
Sophio Medoidze’s Let us Flow – A portrait of the nomadic Tush community in her native Georgia, the project explores resilience, intergenerational dialogue and relationships with place.
FEATURE EXPANDED 4th EDITION
20 – 25 June 2018, HOME, Manchester
on-line sessions July – October
14 – 18 November 2018, Lo schermo dell’arte, Florence
The six month Feature Expanded programme combines:
- A week intensive residential at HOME in Manchester that mixes masterclasses, case studies, workshops, networking opportunities and screenings alongside individual tutorials and group work
- Online tutorials with the Feature Expanded experts
- A four day residential at Lo schermo dell’arte Film Festival in Florence to attend the festival and continue tutorials before pitching films to a jury and a selected group of industry professionals
- Feature Expanded Distribution Award: provides one of the film projects with a theatrical distribution in the UK and Ireland by HOME Artist Film and in Italy by Lo schermo dell’arte.
- Feature Expanded Development Award: provides one participant with a 4 day intensive residency in Stockholm to work with script consultant Marietta von Hausswolff von Baumgarten on the script development of his/hers film project.
- ottod’Ame Film Award is a cash prize of 3000 euro offered by the italian fashion brand to support the research of one of the film projects.
- SUB-TI Award consisting in the subtitles in one European language for the awarded film, offered by SUB-TI.
Each of the twelve participants is assigned an experienced producer as a tutor who will work with them in developing their Film project throughout the Programme both on a one-to-one basis and in groups of four artists.
Feature Expanded Tutors are: Jacqui Davies, Samm Haillay and Yorgos Tsourgiannis.